Keep the park gates closed – decision to be made 14 March 2019 at the Council’s Environment Committee hearing
Barnet Council is proposing to stop locking Barnet parks gates overnight.
The meeting to decide on this policy will be held 14 March at the Environment Committee hearing at Hendon Town Hall
Finchley Market no longer
As of early August 2018, the Finchley Market was no longer. It had a great start and was enjoyed for the quality of the produce, but sadly did not stay around for long.
The Lodge, Long Lane, Finchley planning application: appeal – comments in by 28 June 2018
There has been an appeal against Council’s decision to refuse the planning application.
Now that we have formalised the Friends, we are going to prepare a comment before the deadline of 28 June 2018.
If you would like to make a comment (called a ‘representation’) then the appeal reference number is APP/N5090/W/18/3197652.
Go to https://acp.planninginspectorate.gov.uk and follow the instructions to make a comment by the deadline of 28 June, 2018.
Former Finchley Police Station: planning proposal back on the agenda-comments in by 7 May 2018
A new planning application for the Police Station site has been submitted to Barnet Council.
Compared to the previous proposal, the new plans show that one floor has been removed from each block. This will bring Ballards Lane down to 5 storeys and Gruneisen Rd to 3 storeys.
If you would like to view the detailed plans, information and submit a comment, please follow the link at: https://publicaccess.barnet.gov.uk/online-applications/ and enter reference 18/2039/FUL in the search box.
Proposed development Application Reference 17/5250/FUL
- 54 new 1, 2 and 3 bedroom flats built for sale. Once sold, Aitch will remain the managing company for both buildings.
- affordable housing, unknown at this stage
- 24 car park spaces
- proposed block on Ballards Lane has 5 storeys plus roof with additional flats.
- proposed block on Gruneisen Road has 3 storeys plus roof with additional flats.
- entrance for parking space is on Gruneisen Road, access situated on the ground floor of the block, through an entrance below first floor flats